Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas Shopping

I'm scared of doing holiday shopping this year. The economy scares me and I have just enough usually to make all my bills. I don't want to dig myself in deep and not be able to get out, especially as I have a health insurance premium to pay now.

That doesn't mean I'm not going to spend, that just means I have to be very careful this year. I want to have my last bills paid off in the next 10 months if possible.

I don't trust that my job will be around. I never have and I don't want to have a bazillion worries if something were to go awry in the next few months.

Yes, I'm a perpetual worrier, but I've had so many years of things going wrong that I don't want to take any chances anymore.

I want a good holiday but I don't want to be taken to the poor house because of it.

Wait, I'm already in the poor house.

I just don't want to be a nervous wreck over debt ever again. I was that way once, and I've vowed not to let it happen.

0 comments: