Monday, December 09, 2002

Recommended Listening...from the cd player of the Music Whore

Ah if only Mr. Proops were reading this. Lord knows of all my Concubines, Greg Proops is the only one with a serious problem in the musical taste department. I've actually been buying some cds lately. Don't look so shocked. I do buy music as well as trade live recordings.

So here is a list of some cds you should check out..some I've mentioned before..some I haven't..some are old..some are newish..but all of them are worth a listen..if you haven't already done so.

1. Matchbox twenty Disease
2. Paul McCartney Driving Rain and Driving US
3. Midge Ure Breathe
4. Elvis Costello Cruel Smile (live tracks and remixes..and the video for 45)
5. George Harrison Brainwashed
6. Robert Plant Now and Zen
7. Elton John Reg Strikes back and Made in England
8. Cheap Trick Lap of Luxury and Busted
9 Oingo Boingo Dark at the End of the Tunnel and Boi-ngo (or wherever that hyphen is supposed to be)
10.Lisa Stansfield Real Love
11.Julia Fordham Concrete Love

I'm sure I could give you some more..but I think that should be enough to keep you listening..Nothing is from the same genre,and each are great in there own unique ways. I'd force Greggie to listen to them all...especially if it meant not hearing about the Beastie Boys or Lou Reed!!

Lou Reed is one of the musical anti-christs...

0 comments: