Tuesday, February 05, 2013

TV Ramblings

I don't watch a lot of telly, but the shows I do watch I love passionately. This year's telly has had some really high highs for me and some pretty low lows.

Here are my feelings on my favorite shows:

1. Doctor Who: Steve Moffat loves to torture his viewers, a lot. Not all of the scripts for the mini half season were good, but he really pulled out all the stops on Angels Take Manhattan. If you didn't cry at the end of that one, you have no heart, obviously like Mr. Moffat. It is hard to believe this is the guy that was responsible for Coupling, on the funniest shows I've ever watched.

2. Downton Abbey: I'm a newcomer to this one, however, it is freaking brilliant, and other than the story line involving Mr. Bates, it isn't hard to follow if you've never watched an episode before. I've got a soft spot for any period drama set in England.

3. 2 Broke Girls: AH this is just raunchy fun stuff. This is part of my Monday Night laughfest..or what used to be my Monday Night Laughfest.

4. Mike and Molly: Ok, I think they married these two off too quickly. The show is not funny anymore. Plus when they got rid of Carl's girlfriend, the story lines with him took a downward spiral. This was such a good show. It is a shame its sinking in my estimation.

5. Big Bang Theory: I love and hate this show. Someone said this show was becoming a nerd soap opera, and I agree. It isn't quite as fun now that everyone ...well almost everyone has hooked up. Plus the girls are more funny than most of the guys...well except for Sheldon, who is the real star of the show.

6. Ripper Street: Period cop drama, set in Whitechapel. 'nuff said. This one is a must watch show.

7. Happily Divorced: Great guest stars and it isn't quite as ridiculous as Hot In Cleveland. Plus I love Fran Drescher!

8. The Neighbors: This show is just spectacular. Aliens and humans living in a posh area. Everything is fab. Plus if they ever start looking for the 12th Doctor, I think the guy playing Larry Bird should be considered!

2 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I like Leonard, who is the straight man, and Penny, who isn't as dumb as the role sometimes was drawn.

I like Justified also. It's on a dreadful network.

rashbre said...

Strange that Downton Abbey has only reached you recently. It's been on over here for several years.

As well as Ripper Street, there's another one called Whitechapel, which has just started a new series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitechapel_(TV_series)