Sunday, February 10, 2013

Cell Phones Suck

I'm trying to decide which no contract wireless carrier to go with. Right now it looks like Boost Mobile or Virgin Mobile.

I'm sick of paying $80.00 for my cell phone and getting nothing to show for it.

I have been researching phones for months.

My price range for a phone is about $150. I'd rather spend $150 on just about anything else, but since my smartphone died back in July, I've been stuck with an ancient LG enV that can only be used for email and phone.

I liked my smartphone. OK, I didn't, but I liked some of the stuff it could do.

I'm a sucker for apps! Especially the Goodreads app, that allows you to scan the barcodes of books so I can wishlist them to my site.

Both have Galaxy phones I like...the Rush on Boost and the Reverb on Virgin and both seem to get pretty good reviews as far as the device is concerned.

I'm just not sure which one to go with.

I do know that if I stay with Verizon..the exact same plan with 2.5 MB of Data costs $90 before taxes. Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile give you 2.5 GB of Data for $55 before tax.

I've also looked at Straight Talk from Walmart..which is only $45 but they don't have any decent phones and I'm sick of always having a crap phone.

So anyone have some suggestions?

3 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Cell phones do suck like an Electrolux.

Mike said...

Your title says it all.

Diane said...

Andrea - I have been using Virgin Mobile USA for YEARS and we love it! I've done the research and non-contract phones, even paying a higher price for the phone itself, save you over $600 in a 2 year period. I just got an iPhone 4s and it's one of the best purchases I made last year.

Virgin Mobile uses the Sprint network so make sure that you have good coverage and service with Sprint in your area. For us, we can even get service in the basement. I pay $35 a month for 300 mins, unlimited text and data. It's a great deal!