Saturday, February 16, 2013

I Need Caffeine!

I have given up soda for Lent. I tried going soda free this fall, but failed after 2 weeks.

I'm on my 4th day now and no cravings for Coke or Pepsi but I have noticed one thing.

I'm tired, really damn tired.

Last night I fell asleep at 11:30 and slept til 8:30 this morning. I never sleep that long. It just doesn't happen.

The night before, I fell asleep during Big Bang Theory and though I obviously woke up a few times between then and 10:00, I don't remember it at all.

It is now 8 o'clock and I feel dead to the world again.

I need caffeine!

Because I just can't get anything done if I'm falling asleep before 10:00 PM.

3 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Some sodas have caffeine in them, so you might be experiencing caffeine deprivation or withdrawal.

rashbre said...

I was thinking the same as eViL pOp TaRt - I think Coke and Pepsi have around 35mg caffeine per can - which is about 1/4 to 1/3 of a cup of coffee's worth.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Its funny. I only drink maybe a can of caffeinated soda. Most soda that I drink is free of the stuff...so I don't understand the meltdown. I haven't had coffee in a week either :(