Tuesday, February 19, 2013

New Phone Happiness

I finally gave up on Verizon Wireless.

Last Friday I made the switch to a contract free plan with Virgin Mobile.

So far so good.

Unlike the US Govt, I've found ways to cut corners.

I've got a new smartphone, a Samsung Reverb and a plan that is saving me 18.00 a month over what I was currently paying with Verizon Wireless. If I had upgraded with them, my contract probably would have cost me another $30.00 on top of what I was paying them.

So far the phone is well behaved, but I don't trust smartphones much. They are truly evil. However, I do get a lot of enjoyment out of it, and the app for Goodreads works on this phone.

That is a plus.

Let me tell you about the Goodreads app.

If you use the site to track your reading etc, this is the greatest thing.

Why?

It has a barcode scanner.

Scan the code and it adds the books to your to be read shelf etc.

Now when I go to the book store and want to remember titles for purchase later, all I have to do is scan them!

Woot!

Its the little joys in life that matter, right?

Oh and the camera kicks butt too.

5 comments:

Mike said...

It will be interesting to see how Virgin Mobile does in the long run.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

So far the service is on Sprint and my coverage is very good in my area. (And I don't go anywhere :( )

Diane said...

I've had Virgin Mobile for probably 10 years and love it. Now have an iPhone 4s and no glitches whatsoever. Great service on the phone and can't beat the price. Enjoy the savings, Andrea!

rashbre said...

Maybe we should be treated to a few pix from around your area on the new phone?

Bilbo said...

Welcome to the 21st century, where the phones are smarter than the lawmakers. Hope you enjoy your new toy as much as we like ours!