Tuesday, February 12, 2013

CD Player? What's That!

 I was talking to my mother about a beautiful album of lullabies that I had received to review this month.


The album is called Dusk Is Drawn and it is by Jennifer Thyssen and Darrel Mayers. It is quite possibly one of the most beautiful albums I've heard in recent months.

The lullabies come from all over the world and Jennifer's voice is stunning. She rivals some of the best female singers in the industry.

I told her she would love it, and I'd love to play it for her, but the only CD players I have now are in my car and on my computer.

I haven't owned a stereo for years.

Its all mp3.

That's kind of sad, considering I'm drowning in CDs.

So I'm thinking of investing in something again. It would be nice for my mother to hear music, and it would be nice to listen to music somewhere other than in front of the computer screen or through headphones at the gym.

Anyone have some recommendations for a nice portable unit that fairly reasonably priced?

Oh and you want to click on the image so you can hear the clips from the album. It really is fantastic.

0 comments: