Thursday, March 01, 2012

I Feel Weird

We all know I am weird.

I wouldn't be me, if I were normal, and that wouldn't be any fun anyhow.

It is the whole thing with Davy Jones.

It is really bothering me.

I mean, he's Davy. I watching reruns of the Monkees on tv from the time I was 5. The Monkees were my first concert in 1986 at the Civic Arena. They even opened the dome for the show.

I saw him in 2006 at Falconi Field in Washington, PA, with my nephew and sister. We were in the first row. The show was incredible.

66 is not old, and I just can't believe he's gone. That I won't have the chance to see him perform again. I missed the Monkees show in Pittsburgh last year..and his show with longtime friend Peter Noone.

It feels like a family member is gone. I mean this man's picture was on my wall for years.

0 comments: