Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wacky Weather

Well our area made GMA today. A tornado or something similar touched down in Greensburg, a few miles from where my bff lives.

Weirdness.

It did a fair amount of distruction too. At least 8 houses were mostly leveled and the Hempfield High School got hit pretty badly.

In my neck of the woods, North Charleroi obviously had some issues. My sister was without power all night and into the morning.  Our school district is without power too, so the kids didn't go to school. Lucky them!

As I look out my window it is snowing.

Yesterday it was nearly 70 degrees.  Today it is in the 30s.

The weather is totally out of whack!

3 comments:

Janelle said...

It was a few miles from my campus. I was out seeing Elton John last night - and got caught in a weird green sky and hailstorm on the way - but my classmates and professors have said that we also had hail and that weird green sky, plus power outages. Classes were canceled and we were getting texts and e-mails from administration telling us not to go out. They were even keeping students from leaving all university buildings.

Mike said...

Same here.

Bilbo said...

Somebody definitely forgot to pay the Spring bill this year.