Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Lent Starts Tomorrow

40 days of Lent and all those meatless Fridays.

In my almost 37 years, there is one thing I've learned about Fridays in Lent. You will always have a cheeseburger craving on Friday.

I think it is because you know you shouldn't be eating it.

The whole meatless Friday thing makes no sense. You can't eat beef, pork, chicken, turkey, etc, but you can eat fish? WTF! Isn't fish the meat of an animal, so to speak?

My mind boggles, but then again I don't want to have to hunt down totally vegetarian dishes to make for my family on Fridays for 6 weeks.

It isn't really painful, I like tuna patties, halushki, and pierogies, but sometimes the same old food gets boring, which is why I'm always crabby on Fridays in Lent.

At least tomorrow is Gorton's Potato Crusted Fish....tasty.....

2 comments:

Mike said...

I not Catholic but I hit all the fish fries at the churches during lent.

Bilbo said...

I believe the reason I hated fish for so many years was that I always had to eat it every Friday, and not just during Lent. We were a very Catholic household.