Sunday, March 27, 2011

Dad Update and Other Things

~ Dad is doing well. He had another 2 units of blood. They aren't sure why he's anemic. His chest X-Rays are good for his level of COPD. Again, smoking is bad people! His CT was good too. This is frustrating.

~ They may be doing an endoscopy in the next week to see if he has an ulcer or something else causing the problem.

~ I have one review of a super album to get done. I wish that when I finish reviewing I could continue enjoying the albums, but I feel like after listening to something a bazillion times to write 600 words describing it's greatness, I have no interest in revisiting...Wow that was a run on sentence!  Anyway, if you like modern folk music, check out Tom Levin. This guy has a fantastic voice and is a great songwriter. Listen to For Life Tonight. You won't regret it.

~ I have been to mass now, every Sunday for a month now! I'm oddly proud of myself for returning to the Catholic Church. I may not always agree with everything the say, but I feel a sense of peace when I'm there and I need that now badly.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I've know too many people where smoking has cut their life short.

Diane said...

So glad he's holding his own. I hope they find out what the problem is soon so it can be properly treated.

Both my parents were smokers. My father died of lung cancer at only 68 years old - after suffering from emphysema for a good amount of time. My mom now has COPD and a bad heart - and she promised my dad that she would quit but didn't! Smoking is the worst thing you can do to your body. Keep the word out there, Andrea - it may save someone from this nasty addiction.