Monday, March 14, 2011

Just Another Manic Monday

It is Monday and I'm already wishing the day over. I hope to get my car inspected after work. I have loads of cleaning to do tonight, plus I have to get organized, because tomorrow is mom and dad's 59th wedding anniversary.

I have a chocolate cake with whipped cream icing ordered from Giant Eagle and I found out that I can get the Sweeney Special from..well Sweeney's Cafe & Pub for them for dinner.  Yes, they are having club sandwiches for dinner. But there is something special about these. 59 years ago, that is what they had after they got hitched. I thought it was appropriate, and I thought it would make mom happy.

I really want this to be a nice anniversary for them. I hope they get to 60 years, but with Dad's health the way it is...and mom's too, I'm not taking any chances. I want all their celebrations to be as nice as they can be. It is best to enjoy life while you have it, rather then wait to celebrate in the futures.

Here's hoping tomorrow turns out well...and then I can destress on Thursday with some green beer, or at least a Shamrock Shake at McDonalds.

2 comments:

Mike said...

It's Pi day (3-14). Eat Pi all day.

Bilbo said...

I hope my daughter cares as much about us when we get old and decrepit. Well, when we get older and more decrepit than we are now, anyway.