Monday, February 08, 2016

The 1975

I watched SNL on Saturday, which is a rare thing. I hate SNL. I haven't found much that was funny in it since the early 90s.

Do I sound old?

I guess I do.

I was basically watching to see Bernie Sanders and ended up watching the musical act, which was a band called The 1975.

Not a bad year. I can't fathom why they'd pick that year for a name, but hey, I've heard worse.

The song they played first was The Sound, which really had an 80s vibe. Maybe they should change their name to The 1985. I was actually reminded of Walk The Moon when I heard that song. Its very catchy. I predict it will be overplayed in a matter of days, even though the album that it is on won't be released for another few weeks.

It doesn't even have a video yet. Most clips I found were live from shows they've played in Europe. I have a feeling they are probably a bunch of pretentious twits though, considering the album is called....wait for it....I Like It When You Sleep, For You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware Of It.

Regardless of what the band may or may not be like, I highly recommend checking out the song. I will apologize now, because it will probably worm its way into your ear, but look at it this way, its much better than having a Taylor Swift song there.


1 comments:

visit website said...

Thanks I'll definitely check this song. As for me I hate TV and all the shows.