Saturday, February 13, 2016

Strangers When We Meet


When The Outside came out in 1995 I fell in love with this song. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before. I've probably even shared this video in the last month, but it really needs to be shown again.

It was actually on the Buddah Of Suburbia album too, but I didn't really fall for this song until The Outside came out. That was one of my favorite albums because of his work with The Pet Shop Boys. I highly recommend  this album to anyone, it was definitely one of his edgier albums from the last 30 years.

Every mix tape I made had this song on it. When it came on in the car, I sang it at the top of my lungs. There was something about this song that really spoke to me.

The live version is proof that Bowie had one of the most uniquely beautiful voices in rock music. Hell, his voice was more than beautiful, it was sexy.

My favorite line is "All your regards, ride roughshod over me."

It is so hard to believe Bowie is gone.

1 comments:

Mike said...

The bass in the beginning of the song is playing a riff from the Spencer Davis group's Gimme Some Lovin'.