Tuesday, November 03, 2015

30 Day Writing Challenge: Reading


The challenge for today asks, Do you read and what are your favorite books.

The answer to this one is obvious, a resounding yes. You just have to look at my book blog, A Chick Who Reads to know exactly how much I love to read.

As to my favorite books? That's a question that is really as hard to answer as what bands are most important to me.

I'd like to say that my favorite books were by classic authors, but I really can't. My all time favorite book does count as a classic, but it was really almost a penny dreadful, and that's Gaston Leroux's The Phantom of the Opera. I've read that book at least 5 times. It is also one of the only books that I've re-read. Another favorite classic is Les Miserables. I was forced to read this book in high school and I hated it then. I read it again a few years back and my opinion has changed. I'd love to read the full unabridged version one day.

I love the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. They are super silly and funny. I also love Jean Plaidy's novels about the royalty in Europe.

I think I have more favorite authors than favorite books. I'm not much of a re-reader as there's always something new out there waiting for me.

1 comments:

Mike said...

I think the first book I ever reread was Call of the WIld.