Wednesday, May 09, 2012

No More Daydream Believing

I find that I simply can't listen to Daydream Believer now that Davy Jones has died. Every time I hear that song, I just feel unbelievably sad.

Daydream Believer was Davy Jones.

I think of all the songs he's done with and without the Monkees, that is his finest moment. A number one hit and a fantastic song. A true classic.

Sure there's Little Bit Me, Little Bit You, Valerie, I Wanna Be Free and I'll Love You Forever, but Daydream Believer...that was Davy.

Pickle still has that song in fairly heavy rotation.

I can't listen. I have to turn the station when it comes on.

It really breaks my heart to hear it.

I couldn't listen to George Harrison for the longest time after he died. Maybe some day I'll be able to love Daydream Believer again, but for now, Sleepy Jean is going to bed.

1 comments:

moodymistress said...

Same. :( I wonder if this will ever stop being hard.