Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Week Of Thanks: Day One

Starting today, I'm going to share one thing a day that I'm thankful for this year. Feel free to join in and share your things.

1. I'm thankful that my father is still with us this year. It has been a hard year for him health wise. Since last Christmas he has been in the hospital nearly once every month. It has been tough and a few of the trips to the ER have been life threatening and scary for both him and us.

I'm glad God has allowed him to stay with us, and hopefully he'll be with us next Thanksgiving and Christmas too.

This March will be a milestone year for mom and dad. On March 15th they will (God willing) celebrate their 60th wedding anniversay.

I am so thankful that Dad is still here...and mom too. They are the most precious people in my life.

1 comments:

Bilbo said...

Treasure your Mom and Dad while they're still here. We lost Mom back in 2001, but Dad is still with us, although in slowly-fading health. You don't know much you love them until you see the size of the hole they leave in your heart when they're gone.