Sunday, September 25, 2011

I Would Be A Lousy Mother

The more time I spend as a caregiver for my mom and dad the more I become aware of my failings in the parenting arena. I'm glad I never had the opportunity or the desire to procreate, because I fear I would be a lousy mother.

I have very little patience and I have the attention span of a fruit fly. I'm lousy at keeping house. The only thing that I am halfway decent at is cooking.

That's strange, because I didn't really learn the art of cooking until about a year ago.

Now it is the one thing I get a small amount of enjoyment from, but I don't get to try as many different recipes as I'd like. It comes from having to feed 5 or 6 people that have very different likes and dislikes.

ARGH!

Again, I say I'd be a lousy parent.

0 comments: