Sunday, September 04, 2011

Doctor Who = Wonderfulness

I have to say, as much as I adore David Tennant, Matt Smith's Doctor rules all. I have really enjoyed the last season and a half, and this second part of this season has been fantastic.

Yesterday's episode, Night Terrors was probably one of my favorites that get filed under "creepy creepy" Who. My all time favorite was last season's Vincent and the Doctor. No joke, if I see a re-run of that show, I will be in tears at the end. That particular episode, should have won an award. The guy who played Vincent Van Gogh was incredible, and Karen Gillian as Amy Pond...one of my favorite companions of the new series. I may like her more than Donna Noble..and Donna was my favorite companion after Sarah Jane Smith.

Even if you aren't a total Who Nerd or even a fan of the show..(I'm somewhere in between). Last night's episode really begs to be watched. If you love horror flicks...you definitely want to check this one out..Oh and if you watched the final season of Ashes to Ashes...you will see a familiar face in this episode. 

I wish I could have gotten into Torchwood this season. I watched the first episode and never bothered to continue. It just left me with a whole lot of "meh" feelings.

2 comments:

rashbre said...

A few of us were talking about Torchwood the other day. The original plot was an okay idea, but its as if they didn't have enough material and so have added pieces and strung out scenes longer than needed.

We are still watching but its not quite up to standard.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

It sounds like the current Torchwood plot has been stretched out. It could have been done in four episodes.