Monday, December 26, 2016

RIP George Michael

2016 proves that its not yet done making the world a dimmer place.

On Christmas the world lost George Michael, who started his career as one half of the pop duo Wham!

I remember absolutely loving songs like Wake Me Up (Before You Go Go), Freedom and Careless Whisper and I'm Your Man.

His solo career was filled with controversy starting with the single I Want Your Sex and Faith. (with the video that definitely featured George's good side) If you don't know what I speak, look up the video and you'll see.

Then there's his coming out and a sex scandal or two.

That's where I must stop and pause...because so many of the posts I've seen today have had rude comments about this man's sexuality.

I don't care who he slept with.

The world lost a talented man. If you have nothing nice to say, keep your trap shut.

2016 the year the music died.


0 comments: