Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Why I Love Downton Abbey

I am in love with this show. I got started on it a little late, but better late than never I always say.

Why do I love a British period drama?

Let me tell you.

1. The fashion is fabulous.

2. It's not reality tv.

3. I love the upstairs/downstairs aspect of the show.

4. Its drama without being what my dad likes to call "a whore show". Soap Operas are daytime whore shows..just to let you know.

5. The abbey is stunning.

6. Maggie Smith, nuff said.

7. When I watch the hour flies by...great escapism.

8. The scripts are brilliant!

9. Best show on PBS in ages..and probably one of the best shows on tv.

10. I love all things Brit

4 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Maggie Smith is a surperb actress; the hit of this show.

Diane said...

I'm a HUGE Downton fan as well, Andrea. I double, triple DVR the show just in case! This past Sunday night was a shock!

Glad to have found another Downton fan!

Kristen Drittsekkdatter said...

I'm a confirmed fan, and do not miss an episode! well-acted, great story.

rashbre said...

Aside from UK soaps, like Eastenders and Coronation Street, I think it gets the most viewers here in UK.