Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Tamale Pie

I was dejunking the other day when I found a box of cards that had a half written recipe on it.

ARGH!

It is for Tamale Pie and it came from Florence Henderson's old cooking show Country Kitchen that was on in the 90s, I think.

Ingredients

2lb ground meat
Chili Sauce
1 large onion
green pepper
1 stalk celery
8 oz tomato sauce
1 can evaporated milk
Corn muffin mix
Sharp Cheddar

I'm going to take a guess that this might be how its done.

Its brown the ground meat with the onion, pepper and celery.
Drain.
Add tomato sauce, chili sauce and milk

put in baking dish.

Prepare muffin mix according to directions and then spoon on top of the meat mixture.

Sprinkle with cheese.

Bake 400 for 25 minutes.




1 comments:

moodymistress said...

Country Kitchen, I remember that show. Did you ever see when Micky and Davy were on it? It was adorable. (That tamale pie sounds like a tasty dish, too.)