Saturday, December 12, 2020

In the Quest For The Perfect Photo


 Anyone that knows me knows I love the GAP trail. For those of you not from my PA area that's the Great Allegheny Passage trail. I tend to walk parts of it in the Cedar Creek Area or near West Newton.

Cedar Creek has the best parking access in the off season and it also has the Gorge Trail. I didn't do the Gorge trail today because, well, it was rainy and I really wanted take in the beauty of the Youghiogheny River, but I was lured in by the sound of the waterfall that is under the GAP bridge.

Let's just say the trail access is blocked, so seeing the waterfall is damn near impossible. I might not have had to go to the lengths that I did if my Nikon's batteries hadn't given up the ghost as soon as I got into park.

So guess who crawled over tree limbs and slid on her ass down the hillside then stood in the middle of the creek to get a couple of pictures?

That would be me.


And the perfect photo?'





0 comments: