Tuesday, July 24, 2018

I'm Done With Summer

I'm sick of hearing the word "vacation."

I haven't had one since well before my father got sick and he'll be gone 4 years this Nov. I'm sick of other people whining that they can't go on vacation.

Look, I know I can't go. I have responsibilities to my mom and to my kitties. I also don't have any money or anyone to share the expenses of even a weekend trip.

I also have shingles that fell off my roof.

Sometimes you have to just suck it up and deal with it.

I've been dealing with it.

Its making me a little bit bitter, but I'm dealing with it. As long as I get a coffee or so from Perked Up Cafe or Starbucks, I'm ok.

I can always look at pictures of Cape May or Atlantic City or Boldt Castle or Put In Bay...or even Erie.

It won't make it better, but it will remind me that its out there.

0 comments: