Wednesday, November 09, 2016

What Has Become Of My Country

I will always be liberal.

Why?

I care what happens to people. Not all poor people are lazy. Not all people were meant for college.

I care what happens to the environment. Yes, the earth is changing...call it what you will, but remember we've made so many advances in the last 200 years, that it is really likely our intelligence is hurting the planet. I find it hard to believe people can't see past their own lifespan.

I believe in a woman's right to choose. I don't believe abortion should be a form of birth control. I actually believe condoms should be passed out like candy. I think our children need to be better educated about their bodies and how difficult it is to raise a child in this world.

I believe that everyone should be able to have health care. (Mind you I don't agree with the part of the law that penalizes you if you don't)

I do believe in the 2nd Amendment but I also believe their are people (That may in fact be law abiding citizens most of the time) that shouldn't own a gun. I also don't believe that more guns is the answer to everything.

However, the country has spoken.

I am sad for our country, but I pray that the candidate elected is different than what we've seen in 2 years of campaigning.

I pray to whatever higher power might be listening that we get through this and maybe he won't be as bad as he seems.

0 comments: