Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Book Recommendation

I usually only recommend books on my book blog, but this book definitely is worth mentioning.

It is the story of Victoria Woodhull, who was the first woman to run for President of the United States.

Its a work of historical fiction, but its really a well researched novel and one I had a hard time putting down.

I don't usually read 400 page novels in a day, but that is pretty much what happened with this book.

Victoria's life is a rags to riches story, Her father was an abusive drunk who used his daughters to make money.  Yes, in that way too. Victoria and her sister Tenny are also spiritualists.

So there's a lot of crazy stuff involving this family.

If you like novels involving history, this is a great one to try.

My review will be up at my book blog tomorrow

0 comments: