Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Look At My Shelfies

Blame this post on Bilbo. He's lucky, he has pretty bookcases. Mine are, well, they are the $19.99 variety that you pick up at Ollie's Bargain Outlet whenever they have them in stock.

As you can see, there's a little bit of everything lurking about on my shelves, but the one case is dedicated to Doctor Who and Terry Pratchett's Discworld. (I sadly don't have the whole collection there).

Before I go any further with this, I want to say something.

My name is Andrea and I'm a book a holic. I am nowhere near the road to recovery. I'm most likely on the road to a book store or on Amazon or Barnes and Noble.


This is one of my "neat" book shelves. Notice the lovely cat statue with glowing eyes sitting on top of this one.

I had to remove the books from the top shelf for him and put down a piece of cardboard so his little leggies didn't get stuck.

My Mokey isn't exactly the brightest crayon in the box. Nope, he isn't.

I originally had my Stephanie Plum novels on top, along with the True Blood series. (One series I've read all of, the other I keep telling myself I'll read one October in celebration of Halloween)

Yeah, I'm crazy like that.

My TBR (to be read) pile is out of control and I don't care.

I just love books.

Here's further proof that I do indeed have a problem.




And yes, I even donated a lot when we moved last year. I'm not even showing you the inside of my walk in closet, that has more books than clothes.

3 comments:

Mike said...

I going to head up there with a load of 2x4's and plywood and build some floor to ceiling shelves on all your walls. They may not look pretty but the will hold a butt load of books.

Bilbo said...

Nice shelfies! My pretty bookcases are all from Ikea, and most of them are pretty well beaten-up from surviving multiple moves and redecorating attempts. Your piles of waiting-to-be-read books look a lot like ours ... even after donating numerous boxes of books to the local library, we still have multiple piles for which we don't have shelf space. And that doesn't count the tottering piles of cooking and recipe magazines that Agnes says she'll someday scan the best parts of so that we can get rid of them. We are kindred spirits, you and I!

rashbre said...

Shelfies. Good word. First time I've heard it. (makes note to try it)