Saturday, October 17, 2015

My Favorite Comfort Food

I love rice casserole. It is a wonderful dish for a cool fall or winter day. It has very few ingredients and most are ones you have on hand in your pantry.

Its one of the casseroles that mom always made and its one that I really love and most everyone that has it enjoys too.

Ingredients
1/2 c chopped onion
1 lb ground meat
1 can cream of mushroom
2 cans of chicken noodle
3/4 c of uncooked rice
water

Directions

Brown ground meat with chopped onion.
Drain excess fat
Add 1/2 cup of water and the rice and cook for about 5 minutes
Transfer to a 2 qt baking dish and mix with the soups. I would also add another 1/2 cup of water to help the rice cook
bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until bubbly and rice is done.

* Check periodically stirring and adding water if necessary.

Serve with your favorite veggie and cranberry sauce (OK that's just my preference but I love it)

0 comments: