Friday, October 09, 2015

A New Favorite Recipe

If you like cajun seasoning and alfredo, I've got a great recipe for you. I apologize for no pictures, but it was so good, we just kept right on eating.

It is super simple and super reasonable and will feed at least 4 people (who like to go back for seconds)

Cajun Sausage Alfredo

Ingredients
1 ring of smoked sausage
1 package of frozen onion and pepper mix (I used bird's eye)
2 jars of Alfredo sauce (I used the Walmart brand, but use your favorite basic sauce or make your own if you are so inspired)
1 package of rigatoni or any other similar pasta
2 tsp Cajun seasoning

Directions

Prepare your pasta according to package direction

Cut sausage into rings and toss into pot at medium to heat through, then add frozen veggies.
(If your veggies aren't thawed drain liquid once they soften)

Add sauce and then the spices. I would add a tsp at a time and taste. I'm sure I used more than the 2 tsp in mine, but it all depends on how much kick you want your sauce to have.

Add pasta and serve.

This is a meal that doesn't take much time to prepare and one you can easily feed 4-5 people with for under $10 bucks.

Its definitely a winner in my book and the same with the rest of my family.

1 comments:

rashbre said...

Its ages since I had something Cajun. Thanks for reminding me.