Monday, September 14, 2015

Paul Simon Makes Me Sad

I have always been a fan of Paul Simon and Simon and Garfunkel, but when I saw Paul's performance on The Late Show, I was totally brokenhearted.

He sounds ok, but like so many other artists from the 60s and 70s, age is taking a toll on his voice.

The worst came a few days later when our local PBS station played Simon And Garfunkel live in Central Park.

It made me think, maybe its time for Paul to hang it up. There are several artists from that decade that need to retire. (cough..Paul McCartney)

I think artists need to stop thinking about the money and consider how they sound. Some of them are pretty embarrassing.

I'll give McCartney credit for his boundless energy, but his voice...oh it hurts me to hear him live. I wouldn't pay money to see him.

I don't think I'd pay money to see Paul Simon now either.

I think there's a point where the albums are better to listen to.


0 comments: