Sunday, February 12, 2012

RIP Whitney Houston

I have to say, when I logged into facebook and saw all the posts, I thought it was a hoax, like the one that went around awhile back on Cher and Bon Jovi.

I trolled the net for a few minutes and I found out it was true.

Now I'm not a huge fan of Whitney. When she covered Dolly Parton's I Will Always Love You, I cringed. Too much warbling for my taste, but she did some fantastic songs that were really part of my childhood, like How Will I Know, I Wanna Dance With Somebody and So Emotional.

I send my deepest sympathies out to her family at this time. She was a mother and a daughter, and I'm sure there are lots of broken hearts today.

Perhaps the song we can best associate by Whitney is this one:

3 comments:

ShannonW said...

I also thought it was a hoax a first. And I was not a huge fan but I did like some of her songs.

Bilbo said...

I really enjoyed some of her music, and she was a beautiful lady. Sad. I feel pretty much like I did when Amy Winehouse cut her forever demo.

vw: excand - a former cand.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I knew it wasn't a hoax, mainly because I woke in the middle of the night (here in the UK) and switched on the TV. It was breaking news... so it somewhat surprised me in my dozy state.