Friday, June 29, 2018

My Life In Music

Around my birthday I find that I always start thinking about songs and the music that shaped my life. For the most part, I still love the same music, I just add on new favorites.

If its from the 60s, chances are I'll love it, or at least like it, especially if its in the pop category. The Beatles, The Monkees, Herman's Hermits, Gary Puckett and the Union Gap..the list goes on and on.

The 70s for me are all about Gordon Lightfoot and David Bowie.

The 80s were my growing up decade, Madonna, XTC, Roxette, Erasure, Duran Duran, (those two I didn't pick up on until 92 for serious love) Cyndi Lauper, Wham!, Def Leppard, Poison...gah so much to love for me in the 80s.

Considering that I was born in 1974, I didn't go for the music I should have and even the stuff that was current growing up, wasn't my favorite. I always went for the lesser known artists. I was never a huge Michael Jackson fan, even though everyone else was.

I picked up on Elvis Costello when he worked with Paul McCartney in the late 80s, but didn't really start to appreciate his music again for another twelve years. That goes for The Moody Blues too.

Now I've picked up on Irish music again. I've always had a fondness for Enya and Clanaad, but now I like the Irish boyband Celtic Thunder. I know they aren't a real boy band, but they are a prefab bunch of hotties that can really sing. I love Keith Harkin, Ryan Kelly and Neil Byrne.

I miss making my mix cds for my birthday but I have no place to play them, as I haven't had a CD player in years.

Sigh

0 comments: