Thursday, June 28, 2018

Don't Mind Me

This has been a slow month.

Between political outrage at what the USA is becoming and just trying to keep my head above water, I'm doing little else but reading and cleaning my house.

I find it very hard to be lighthearted right now when the country is turning into a dystopian novel.

Probably the only joy I've found came from being awakened one morning by my mom to watch Jack Benny.

Why?

Because the song we were trying to find now for over a year, was finally on. This was a weird episode with Carol Burnett, but not the one where she sang The Trolley Song. (Oh and sorry Judy Garland, but Carol sings that one so much better)

The song I'm talking about is The Moonshiner or I'm a Rambler, I'm a Gambler (the title depends on who sings it...go figure). It's an Irish drinking song. We heard it once and mom and I both remarked that it was a silly song we could imagine Daddy singing. My daddy was weird like that, bless him.

Dennis Day did a great rendition. Look it up on You Tube, you'll get a chuckle. It might be the only thing that will make you laugh for a long time.


0 comments: