Wednesday, March 14, 2018

I Just Don't Understand

Politics hurts my head these days.

I can't understand what is happening in this country. That a leader can talk the way he does and everyone is OK with that.

Bullying and insulting candidates is ok?

What have we become.

I understand that the two parties have never really seen eye to eye, especially in the recent past, but I see each side becoming more polarized and that isn't going to get things done.

Also talking like a low life doesn't work either.

I used to enjoy watching shows like The Daily Show, but now, they just make me sad, because there is nothing about the current administration that can be construed as funny. Terrifying, yes. Funny, no way.

I understand the need and desire to get away from career politicians, but I seriously think our elected officials should have at least 2 brain cells to rub together in order to serve.

Also the "I am the greatest" mentality only worked for Ali, just saying.

Also, you can be a strong individual and still project yourself with dignity.

3 comments:

Bilbo said...

Most of the rest of us don't understand, either. You're not alone.

Mike said...

I try to watch Colbert every night. He still is managing to pull a little comedy out of the cesspool of politics right now. But I am starting to become numb to all of it. And that's not good.

Diane said...

I am exhausted. I wake up every single day outraged, angry, disgusted, and in disbelief at this shit show put on by the clown-in-chief. Imagine if Obama or Hillary (had she been elected) did this? They'd be out already.