Wednesday, September 27, 2017

In My Life...I Love You More

Losing my Dewey has really brought me down.

We've always had pets, so I am no stranger to the loss of a beloved furbaby.

This one loss feels more painful.

When my Misty crossed the rainbow bridge, I felt the same way. She's the little grey kitty with my Oogie.  She was my baby girl too. The sweetest little thing ever.


Right now, I can't believe my Oogie is 15 years old.

They pass through our lives so quickly.  Dewey was only with us in the house for about 5 years, but she was outside another 2 and I was caring for her then. It is hard to believe it was such a short period of time. It feels like forever.

And now she's gone.

I miss her cotton candy fluff that got into everything. I miss her sitting on my laptop, which is slowly dying right now too. (That's another story though). I miss her stealing food and trying to help me cook. I miss her running and sliding through the house. I miss her little headbutts. I just miss her. She was the life of the party. I don't know that I'll ever get over losing her.

1 comments:

Diane said...

My heart breaks for you, Andrea. I feel the same way right now after losing my sweet boy Willie in June, suddenly, most likely from a seizure. He was only 3 years old. And I still feel heartbroken almost 10 years after losing my boy, Schmoe. He had kidney failure and he was old but I loved him so, so much. It never gets easier but we need to keep moving forward and open our hearts to those who need us.