Saturday, October 07, 2017

Remembering Tom Petty

I've been a fan of Tom Petty for ages. My sister listened to him, so I know his music was in my life very early on.

I can't even fathom picking a favorite song that he recorded. There are so many great ones; Refugee, American Girl, The Waiting, Even The Losers, You Got Lucky, Don't Come Around Here No More, Jammin' Me, I Won't Back Down, Free Fallin'....see what I mean? There are just so many great ones.

I consider myself lucky to have seen Tom in concert on the tour for Full Moon Fever. It was a fabulous show, marred only by the fact that they changed how the seats were set up at the AJ Palumbo center. (I never have had good luck at this venue) We thought our seats were 8 rows from the stage, but instead we were all the way at the back of the gym.

Boo hiss.

I had brought roses for Tom too.

Can you say that sucks?

Yeah, I had a small crush on Tom back in the 90s.

He won bonus points with me because of his friendship with George Harrison. Anyone that hung out with George was ok in my book.

And now a few weeks shy of his 67th birthday, he's gone.

That's way to young to leave this earth.

And if you go to youtube and check out his last song at the show he performed on Sept 25th, you'll know that he still sounded great.

Tom...you broke on my heart when your's stopped.

~ Let's get to the point....let's roll another joint....turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to be proud

~


1 comments:

Mike said...

Running Down a Dream.