Thursday, May 25, 2017

Scales, Exercise and I'd Rather Be Fat

OK, no I wouldn't rather be fat, but there is nothing more irksome than doing your best to become more active then stepping on the scale and finding that its gone up a few pounds.

Yeah.

Each day this week I've done over the 10,000 steps that Fitbit seems to think we should all do. I know that's not a lot, but I've actually been doing closer to 20,000 steps and one time I even went over 21,000.

When it hasn't been raining I've been taking at least a mile long walk after supper.

The scale could have been nice. It could have gone down a pound.

But no, that would bring me joy and I can't have that.

But I will plug on.

I am determined.

5 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Doing over 20.000 steps a day is outstanding!

Mike said...

That happens to me too. I start exercising and start gaining weight.

Diane said...

Muscle weighs more than fat. Go by how your clothes feel, not the scale.

rashbre said...

Like Diane says. They say that its the effect on measurements ahead of what the scales read. I also use fitbit, we should do a challenge some time!

Bilbo said...

Keep walking! Whenever possible, I try to walk at least 2 miles a day (sometimes as much as 4.5) and vary the routes to keep it interesting. You won't see immediate results, but over time your weight will come down (mine has). The important thing is to watch your diet, too ... I've cut way back on a lot of good stuff (especially desserts and snacks), which is not easy since Agnes and I are both foodies! Good luck.