Wednesday, February 01, 2017

My Favorite Authors

Bilbo  has a fabulous post on his blog about his favorite authors. These are authors whose books you buy, just because you know they are going to be winners every time.

I have very odd taste in books. I run the gamut from romance to mystery to sci-fi and many spots in between.

Here are a few of my favorite authors.

Sarah Morgan: Sarah is romance writer. A lot of her early books were for the Presents line, which I was never a huge fan of, but in recent years, she's stepped out of the shadows of the sheikh's and is writing longer series books and they are all so wonderful. The O'Neill Brothers trilogy is one of my favorites. (And Sarah writes the best Christmas stories EVER)

Heather Wardell: Heather is one of the only authors I have ever met. She writes women's fiction that makes you think. There's always a touch of romance there, but it isn't the gushy kind. My favorite book is Planning to Live. You can't finish this one without shedding a tear or two or twenty.

Phillipa Gregory: I have always loved historical fiction that involved the royals. My first favorite author, who is sadly no longer with us was Jean Plaidy. Phillipa's Tudor novels are some of my very favorites, after all, how can you not be fascinated with Henry VIII.

Janet Evanovich: I'm a huge fan of the Stephanie Plum series, though I do think it has gone on a little to long. We're up to book 23 now. I'm not as apt to buy her books these days as to take them out of the library, but they still are good fun, for what its worth.

Meg Cabot: Most people know her for her Princess Diaries series, but I love her Heather Wells Mysteries which are really funny and just plain fun reads.

Richard Paul Evans:  Yes, his books are sappy, but they warm my heart. I've read so many of them and if you handed me his latest, I would read it without question.

C.W. Gortner: C.W. Gortner writes some fabulous historical fiction. I've recently read his book, Marlene that was about Dietrich and it was fabulous.

There really are too many authors that I love...Amanda Stevens who writes the Graveyard Queen books which are beyond fabulous. Holly Jacobs, a PA author who writes the best romances and of course Terry Pratchett, who has gone on..as well as Joyce and Jim Lavene




0 comments: