Sunday, July 24, 2016

Why I Won't Wear The Suit

One of my favorite authors, Jennifer Weiner, has started a campaign called #wearthesuit, and by suit she means swimsuit.

I love the idea. I don't think anyone should feel ashamed to get in the pool or go to the beach if they want to, no matter how much they weigh.

This campaign has really taken off and I think that's absolutely wonderful. No one should be kept from doing something they love to do because they are scared to put on a piece of clothing.

As for me, I won't be wearing the suit. It has nothing to do with weight, though to be honest, I don't wish to find out what size I'd be wearing these days.

When I was stick thin, I hated buying a swim suit. They always looked awkward on me. Plus I'm one of the few people that absolutely hates anything to do with swimming.  I don'I t think I've had a tan in years. (At least since I used the tanning bed in the Curves that I used to work at back in the day when I was a skinny bitch)

So don't worry about me when I won't wear the suit. Its not because of any body issues I have, its because I have no desire to get out there in a swimsuit.


1 comments:

Bilbo said...

You won't catch me in a speedo, either. You're welcome.