Saturday, July 23, 2016

What I'm Listening To

My musical taste has changed a lot in the last few years. I blame it on my advancing age.

LOL

Lately I've been listening to my Irish Boys (Celtic Thunder) and their various solo projects.

My favorite Celtic Thunder CD is Heritage which seems to be required listening on Saturday afternoons. My mom, loves "Home from the Sea" and "Place in the Choir." My favorites are "Whiskey in the Jar" and "Galway Girl." Great listening, even though they are a prefabricated band.

The other album I totally love right now is Keith Harkin's (the Justin Hayward clone from Celtic Thunder) latest solo album On Mercy Street. His style is hard to pinpoint. Its rockin' folk music. His songs are fun, thought provoking and downright pretty.

I shouldn't forget to mention Byrne and Kelly's (More Celtic Thunder boys) Acoustically Irish. They do wonderful versions of "No Man's Land" "Back Home In Derry" and "Brown Eyed Girl."

If you like Irish music or voices, these are albums you really should give a listen to. All of them are fabulous!

0 comments: