Thursday, June 30, 2016

42nd Birthday Mix

This is the first year in awhile that the birthday mix has flitted around in my head. Maybe it is because this is the first year in awhile that I've been able to enjoy music, so I'm going to make the mix/playlist.

These are 42 songs that have meant something to me in my life so far. I know that many have appeared on other mixes, but when I think of songs that are a snapshot of my life, these are the songs that I think of.

Walk The Moon - Shut Up And Dance
David Bowie - Strangers When We Meet
Elvis Costello - Man Out Of Time
Celtic Thunder - Whiskey In The Jar
The Monkees - Our Own World
Diana Krall - Narrow Daylight
Nick Lowe - Cruel To Be Kind
Josh Groban - Brave
Miranda Lambert - Mama's Broken Heart
The Moody Blues - Steppin' In A Slide Zone
Byrne and Kelly- No Man's Land
Gorden Lightfoot - Race Among The Ruins
The Beatles - I'll Follow The Sun
Gary Puckett & The Union Gap - Lady Willpower
Herman's Hermits - If You're Thinking What I'm Thinking
Stevie Nicks w/Tom Petty - Stop Dragging My Heart Around
The Smithereens  - The House We Used To Live In
Traveling Wilburys - The End Of The Line
Laura Bell Bundy - Giddy On Up
Keri Noble - I Won't
Julia Fordham - Hope Prayer & Time
Billy Bragg & Wilco - California Stars
The Byrds - I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better
Susan Werner - St Mary's of Regret
Grey Eye Glances  - Halfway Back
Mika - We Are Golden
Mitchell Musso - Hey
Glass Tiger - I'm Still Searching
Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over
Three Dog Night - Shambala
The Wallflowers - Sleepwalker
Matchbox Twenty - Last Beautiful Girl
Justin Hayward - The Way of The World
Gloriana - Wild At Heart
Feargal Sharkey - Cold Cold Streets
Erasure - Sunday Girl
Duran Duran - Ordinary World
Billie Myers - Am I Here Yet (Return To Sender)
Geri Halliwell - Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps
Oingo Boingo - Try To Believe
Keith Harkin - Orange Moon
Zac Brown Band - Knee Deep






2 comments:

rashbre said...

Happy Birthday!

Wow - Thats what I call a playlist! Some that I know well and quite a few that I don't know at all.

Time to fire up Spotify!

And 42 is the Hitchhikers Guide number so

a) Don't Panic and
b) Always Carry a Towel.

best wishes.

Mike said...

Great start to the list with Shut Up And Dance.