Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Randomosity (The Things I Wonder About Edition)

~ My niece is getting married in a few weeks. She's just finishing up college. In fact, she still has her student teaching to do.  I don't know why people want to get married that early in life. You haven't a job yet. You really don't know what life is about. Note to women...stop encouraging the belief that your daughters are not a whole woman unless they are married.

~ The election....how did we come down to these two godawful candidates, with one very orange one being even scarier than the other.

Every time I turn on the news I feel sorry for my father who fought for this country in WWII. Look at what we've turned into. A hateful bunch of people that really don't give a rats ass about anyone else. The worse part of it all, is most of the hatred comes from these so called Christians that don't behave like Christians in anyway. Except maybe to say they love Jesus.

A word to them..."Love your neighbor as yourself." and another "He who is without sin, cast the first stone."

If you don't know where those words come from...well...you obviously sleep through those church services you go to on Sunday.

~ Why can't there be good tv in the summer? My life has turned into a bunch of classic tv show reruns and The Daily Show/Nightly. Some people can't afford a vacation and we need to be entertained. That goes for you BBC America.

~ ebooks: I read a lot on my ereader. That said, I've been writing a fanfic based on the old show Dear John. (Don't ask) and my mind brought Jackie Collins' Hollywood Wives into the story. I read it years ago and no longer have the book. Would you believe it isn't available in ebook form? Oh and none of the libraries in my area have it? I really don't want to have to buy a copy, but it looks like I'm going to.  The weird thing is that all of Ms. Collins' other books are in ebook form. WTF



2 comments:

Diane said...

My father was a decorated WWII veteran, with an enormous love of country and sense of duty. He's rolling in his grave right now.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

The politicians who are running are a sorry lot. When I vote in November it will feel that I need to shower or go to Confession afterwards,