Friday, January 31, 2014

Not Just An Animal

Yesterday, brave K-9 officer Rocco,  crossed the rainbow bridge. He was stabbed by a low life who was resisting arrest on several counts, one was not registering as a sex offender.

Nice guy, huh?


There are a lot of calls for the guy who did this to be tried for murder. I'm one of them. To those that say, he was just a dog, I say...that is not the case. If that is so, we are just humans, and a miserable excuse for a species, we are.

These service animals protect and serve as well as their human counterparts.

And there are other service animals too. Are they just animals?

I don't think so.

Are your pets, just animals?

No way.

My brood are family and friends. They are like my children. When they hurt, I hurt. I rejoice in their love and their happiness.

They are not just animals.

I didn't know Rocco, but I cried myself to sleep last night over this dog that fought the good fight, to protect his handler, to stay alive. It is a shame, that God called him home. And yes, I do believe, "All dogs go to heaven..." so do cats and any of God's creatures.

But Rocco wasn't the only famous furry friend that crossed the Rainbow Bridge recently. Internet sensation Colonel Meow also took that walk.


Anyone that has ever had an animal knows they are not and will never be, JUST AN ANIMAL.

Sleep well, furry friends....and know that you were all well loved.

1 comments:

Diane said...

I agree, Andrea. Charge the bastard with murder. Service dogs, police dogs - they amaze me with their intelligence and dedication.

My animals are my family as well. I prefer them to most people!

Keeping you and yours in my prayers. Hope Dad is comfortable.