Saturday, March 09, 2013

Tea and Sympathy

Dad is in the hospital and he's not doing well.

I'm at my wits end and as always it feels like everything is on my shoulders.

I'm worried about dad. I'm worried about mom who doesn't know how she could cope without the man she's been married to almost all her life.

My church does not care.

Do you hear that, Mary, Mother Of The Church, you do not care.

Why?

Because we are poor.

We live in a house that is heated by space heaters.

It is cold.

I don't make enough money where I work to fix things. I struggle to keep the house clean and laundry done.

I have no extras.

I don't go out to eat. I don't buy frivolous things.

My computer is 5 years old and is the only thing that connects me to people anymore.

Not once has a priest called us, and I used to feel Father Jerry was a friend.

I don't anymore.

I don't know what to do.

Any programs that are gov't funded would require a lien being placed on our house. This is unacceptable. If they went to a nursing home, they would be separated, which is even more unacceptable.

We can't win for losing.

0 comments: