Friday, July 26, 2019

Gardening Is Not What I Do Best

So the violas are about at the end of their life span

So I bought some gorgeous cone flowers at Lowes. Coneflowers are my new favorite flower, as my zinnias hate my guts this year.

I have a makeshift flower bed or two, because no one really taught me how to do anything like that.

So yeah, I'm cleaning the weeds, of which there are many.

and

MOSQUITOS

Yup

One little SOB bit me three times.

So I went in the house..and didn't come back out.

I left the planting to my brother in law and nephew.

Nope..won't make a gardener out of me, no matter how much I love flowers.

2 comments:

Diane said...

I am a really allergic person and I refuse to do any gardening. I must have just recently been bitten by something crawly creature and my face blew up like a balloon. So, sadly I'm on prednisone and a heavy duty antihistamine. Thankfully the doctors were afraid I had shingles (but I do not)! It didn't look like shingles but no two cases are exactly the same.

So, gardening needs to be done by someone else in my house. I'm done with bug bites!

Mike said...

I gave up on gardening 20 years ... no 25 ... no 30 ... a long time ago.