Thursday, September 20, 2018

Friends That Have Gone

I had a friend from college that passed away at the beginning of 2016. She was only 5 years older than myself.

At the time, we hadn't been speaking in several years. We didn't share the same political views and things got very nasty a few times.

I have always felt bad about this situation, because the break in our friendship came from a lot of, I don't want to say misunderstanding, but rather of not understanding.

It was at the time my dad was starting to get sick, which was after my grandmother had passed away. I couldn't go out a lot and I had to do most of the cooking then, as my mother's sight was failing. She didn't understand. Also, I hate Kings, which seemed to be her restaurant of choice for meetups.

I made a political post on Facebook one day, and she blew up on me, and said I hated her mother and then she deleted her account and was never heard from again, by me.

I was totally befuddled.

I found out her mother passed away in 2013, but I didn't learn that until much latter. I didn't learn Mary had passed until last year.

Every time I drive by Monongahela Cemetery I think of her. I wonder what happened because I don't have contact with any of her family members.

It is so sad that our friendship had to end the way it did.

I can only hope wherever she is now, that she's at peace.

0 comments: