Monday, November 12, 2018

I've Been Away

I think most people close to me know why I haven't been blogging.

On Wednesday, Oct 24 around about 1 o'clock, my world collapsed.

My mother passed away.

There is nothing that can be done to make me feel any better or make me want to go on with my life. I don't know how to live without her. I've spent my life with her, 44 years, just 20 shy of how long she was married to my father.

She was my life.

I took care of her and daddy and grandma, and now I have no one and it isn't easy. Everything, and I do mean everything makes me sad.

And like when my father passed away, she was taken from us close to the holidays. It will be 4 years since my dad died on Nov 16. Though I know she wanted to be with him, none of us were ready for this, even though we knew it was coming.

All I can say is that my heart is shattered.


3 comments:

Diane said...

OMG, Andrea, this is what I feared. I'm so, so sorry for your loss. I hope you find comfort in what a wonderful and devoted daughter and granddaughter you are. Please take care of yourself.

rashbre said...

My condolences. As Diane says, please take care of yourself. Ed

Diane said...

Thinking of you today, Andrea.