Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Will Someone Explain This To Me

Since the Grand Jury report has been released there has been so much said about the Catholic Church and the sexual abuse by priests that was covered up for years.

This is what I need explained.

How did parents not notify authorities. I mean who did they go to that allowed the hierarchy in the church to sent priests to rehab. WTF rehab for pedophilia? Is this really a thing?

Did our police not go after these guys?

I just don't understand.

I grew up Catholic.

Two of my parish priests were on that list.

I'm angry at a lot of things involving this. I'm angry with the church for the culture that allowed this to happen. Seriously, priests need to be able to marry. It would foster normal relationships with clergy.  How can you take marriage advice etc from a man that's never been married?

I'm angry that someone justice wasn't served for decades...probably more than that.

I just don't understand. If my child was harmed, I'd go kicking and screaming after them.

0 comments: