Monday, May 28, 2018

Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs

For years, I've had lousy luck making hard boiled eggs. I've followed just about every tip out there to get perfect eggs, and usually I failed.

I have to say that the way to get the best eggs is to make them ahead of time.

Don't plan on using the eggs right away.

I usually make mine the night before.

Why?

Refrigeration!

I follow the basic cooking rule. Eggs in  a pot of water until they boil then cover and remove from heat for about 10 - 12 minutes.

After that I rinse them in cold water for a few minutes, but rather than do the ice water bath, I stick them in the fridge for at least an hour, but overnight is best. Then when I peel them, most turn out perfect.

1 comments:

rashbre said...

The other trick is to add a dash of vinegar to the water whilst boiling the eggs. Makes the shells easier to peel.