Monday, May 21, 2018

Why I Didn't Give A Fig About The Royal Wedding

I admit, I loved Princess Diana. She was what every little girl dreamed of being when she grew up. Married to a prince. (Note I didn't say a handsome one) Super glamorous. Oh and loved by all.

sigh

And though we look back at her dress and think it was just too much, it was a fairy tale gown, straight out of Disney film.

The outcome of that marriage and her death cast a shade on the weddings of her two children.

I had interest in Will and Kate's marriage, just because he will one day be king.

Harry and Meghan? Well they are a Hollywood couple. I love Harry, but he is the wild child and even some of the things I read about at the wedding spoke of being a bit much.

The problem with these weddings being televised all over the world, in my eyes, is that so many girls and women are going to think that their wedding should be that way.

Life isn't like this.

And you can't tell me that some of those things weren't done especially for show. Yeah, I'm sorry the girl is an actress and Harry is his mother's son. I don't doubt that they love each other, because I think that after seeing their own parent's marriages that they would want something better for themselves, but I think that there was a little bit of acting involved to make it more fairy tale like.

Meh.

There's no fairy tales for the rest of mortals

0 comments: